Monday, December 14, 2009

Does Cost = Quality?


So by now I'm sure that most of you have heard of the movie Avatar. Now it is set to be released in the next few days but still little is know about what its really about. From the trailer it is evident that the movie is about a high action movie which involves a fight with aliens on an alien world and also that it cost a lot of money. In fact it is recorded as the most expensive movie in history. It has cost upwards of $200 millions to make.

Will this expense yield a good return? Only time will tell. I for one do want to see it. I'm a sucker for action flicks, but it can't be just explosions and gunfights. There has to be some substance. If there's no compelling story line, whats going to drive to audiences to the theatres? If I just wanted to see explosion, I'd blow things up in my backyard. It's the story that makes the movie.

James Cameron has a habit of making big budget films and in the past has worked for him. For instance Titanic was also the most expensive film to make at the time and it recieved record ticket sales. Hopefully he can continue this trend

No comments:

Post a Comment